New Den Is Ours!!

Wednesday - June 1, 2011

We met our Tudors agent, Ashleigh, at our new den on Teton Way for the detailed walk-thru today. Yesterday we had done a quick walk-thru to look at the insides for the first time and confirmed that we definitely wanted it. Today's viewing was to look for any damage or flaws prior to our moving in and to get the keys. Ms Ashleigh was in a hurry, and quite frankly, that pissed my partner off. 

The darn thing was called a DETAILED walk-thru for a reason. My partner was going thru the house methodically: checking every window lock, whether it opened fully, checking the mini-blind functions, opening every drawer/cabinet to see if they secured & were they clean inside, etc. We found things that obviously hadn't been touched in years. Ashleigh reluctantly recorded them, but kept pushing us to finish, saying we had 72 hours to find and report stuff.

They left us den-warming presents: a 4-pack of toilet paper, a roll of paper towels, one packet of laundry detergent, and a small bottle of dish soap. That was nice of them! And this den has a nice big oven and a dishwasher - neither of which my partner will use properly. She'll use both of them for storing NuNu's food, our treats, paper plates, chocolate stash, pans and other miscellaneous items.

I have properly anointed the side and very back yards. I haven't been in the little back yard that is fenced yet. My partner says she doesn't want me going out there and getting my petticoats and feathers dirty. She knows I spent a year outside with a family, then a year in an outside kennel. So I'm used to, and thoroughly enjoy being in dirt! The 2 times we went to Empire Mines State Park, I got filthy by sitting and laying down in the sticky pine needles and sappy stuff - what fun! If you want to see a few pictures, you can click HERE and HERE.

After Ms Ashleigh hurried away, my partner put me in a spare bedroom with a Milk Bone and some of my favorite toys - then she shut the door and left me in there!! WTF was that all about??? I could hear her and Mom going in and out the front door of the den and they were huffing and puffing as they went back and forth in the hallway in front of the door where I was standing. I scratched at the door and whined a few times, but my partner told me "Quiet!" so I did. 

After a 15 minute eternity, my partner released me and I jumped all over her in joy! To share in my happiness, we played football in the living room and in the hallway. She even managed to get a couple pictures of me as she threw my ball and they were clear enough to keep - gosh she has a super good picture taker!

With all the strangeness that has been happening around the den in Marysville and now with this den, things have gotten very confusing, and I don't want to be accidentally left behind, or worse, be given to someone else...I hope I'm staying with my partner when she moves into this den and that NuNu is going to come too. If you click HERE you can see what the new den looks like. My partner says it is best if you click on the first picture to blow it up full size, then use the right arrow key to cycle thru the pics, & you will also be able to read the long captions. This is a bright, light, airy den with loads of space and a peaceful feeling. I think we will be happy here and will easily be able to keep on keeping on.

Kalifornia Kota

No comments:

Post a Comment