THE FINAL END OF KALIFORNIA KOTA - My Beloved Life Partner, Dakota

I took Dakota to her Vet the evening of October 29th. She was very weak on her hind end and wasn't eating. Doc took x-rays that showed endometriosis, her hips were still excellent, but we could see evidence of arthritis along her lower spine. 

He also gave her a 2 shots, saying she would feel worse for awhile, then be up and active as a puppy. When we got home, Dakota was practically comatose. Was gonna take her back to Vet, but Office was already closed.

Kota & I laid down on the floor: I "spooned" her and continually stroked her and whispered to her. She decided to wait till I finally fell asleep from 2 -4 AM. 

Sometime during that period, still in my arms, Dakota died.
There will NEVER be another, better PSD or Life Partner. I am dead inside and no longer have a reason to live - the pain of missing her is just too great...

But I hope the rest of you Keep On Keeping On
Kalifornia Kota

No comments:

Post a Comment