My Barkday!

Sunday - April 24, 2011

Today is my Barkday and my first entry in this blog. (I am using my partner to type this for me.) I was born April 24th, 2006, so I'm now 5 years old. I certainly don't feel it. When I play with my balls in the park with my partner, I leap high in the air, twisting and turning to catch that ball! I'm really good and rarely missing catching it. My partner calls me athletic!

Yesterday I was taken to the place where I get sharp things stuck into me. And there's a very nice man who feels me all over once a year. He looks in my mouth and peers in my ears. When I get sick or hurt, my partner always takes me to this nice man and even though he pokes and prods and sticks sharp things in me, I always feel better afterwards. 

So whenever we come to this place, I always try to drag my partner to the door. I'm always spoiled by the people in there. They give me treats and act like I'm the bestest doggie in the whole world, which is true of course. Another nice man is there that my partner calls Uriel. This nice man takes me away from my partner, which I do not like one bit, but she always says "Go With", so I do. Uriel is very nice and he lets me jump into a big bowl where he washes me. I love being in that big bowl of warm water! When he's done drying me, Uriel puts me in a kennel. I know that my partner is waiting for me. Sure enough, one of the nice ladies that spoil me, comes to get me. In my excitement to get back to work with my partner, I drag her through the kennels and down all the hallways to where my partner is waiting for me. I am wriggling all over in my excitement to see her again!

Today is going to be a busy one. My partner has told me what we're going to do. First, I have to take her to a big building that has lots of human food in it. She calls it by a man's name - Sam's. This is a big building that she is afraid of. It always has lots of people that stare at us, take our picture without permission, stop us & ask lots of questions, and make my partner very uncomfortable. There are many times when she has gotten so scared that I have had to take her away to a quiet place and lay on her to make her happy again. She likes it a lot when I do this, and she always gives me lots of cookies for it!

A fun building we're going to sells animal stuff. We're gonna get food for my cat, NuNu. And since it's my Barkday, I know she'll take my vest off in there and let me be just a dog. I know she'll let me pick out any toy I want! Oh, that will be fun, because this building has so many toys to choose from... 

And I know we'll spend time across the street in the Park. My partner puts me on a long line and throws balls and toys for me to chase after. I can run really, really fast and grab the balls. But I don't bother to bring them back. My partner comes and gets them and throws them again for me & the chase is on once more! If there are no little peoples around, I'll get to play on big metal toys. I can climb up stairs, slide down a chute, walk on a metal grate and peer down to the ground, and all kinds of fun stuff!

Watch me - I can fly!!!

Sometimes I get tangled up in the long line, and I don't like it. I want to run free! But my partner tells me I have to stay on a leash - it is the law. I don't know what a law is, I just know I don't like it. I want to go to my partner's mom's house where there is lots of room to run free!


Well, I think I have written way too much for my first message to the world. I don't know if I will continue to do this or not. I hope that those of you who are Service Dogs are able to assist your partners with joy and fidelity! Keep on keeping on!

Kalifornia Kota

No comments:

Post a Comment