Boxes Everywhere I Can't Have

Sunday - May 22, 2011

I am in paradise today! I am surrounded by cardboard boxes. They are in every room of our den. I love boxes! When they are delivered to our den, my partner gets excited and takes things out of the boxes. She gets very happy about those things. Sometimes these things are for me or for NuNu, my cat. They are always fun things.

After my partner takes the happy things out of the boxes, she lets me have them - and oh, what a joyous time I have!! I carry them around. I drop them on NuNu. I toss them in the air and catch them. And then I have the ultimate experience with the box: I attack and destroy them! I rip them to shreds and spread the pieces all over the room. I make a glorious mess. It is such fun and my partner sits and watches and laughs at me. Then she picks all the pieces up.

But today she kept telling me to "Leave It" whenever I started to pick up a box. I don't understand. I've always been allowed to play with boxes. Why is today different? It is very strange. 

Today the boxes came from the den where stuff is stored that is attached to our den. They didn't come from the human dressed in brown. My partner is putting things INTO these boxes instead of taking happy things OUT OF these boxes. Everything is backwards today. It is very confusing. I put my nose in these boxes and find things that have been in our den all the years I've been here. Why is my partner hiding them in the boxes? I just don't understand.

And then there are the ominous big black bags. I've never seen them before. My partner got them out of a cabinet that I've never opened. She pulled them out and shook them and they became very big! She took them into the room where she never goes - it has a big fluffy sleep place that only NuNu uses. It has cabinets that hold my partners clothes. She spent hours and hours pulling out those clothes, trying a lot of them on. I had never seen almost all of them.

I guess because they had been hidden in there for so long, they were a little on the dusty side. My partner kept taking armloads of them into the laundry room and washing them. Then she would make scratchings on a paper and put them into different big black bags. Those black bags had a terrible smell and I didn't like them. But I kept putting my nose in them to try and understand why my partner was putting her clothes in there. She kept telling me "Leave It" and that she didn't want my fur to get on the clothes. At the end of the day she had bags and bags of clothes - more than she had left in her closet. Where will these bags go? Why did she put the clothes in them? I just don't understand this at all...

In the fireplace room is a whole bunch of boxes - boxes of all sizes - all tumbled together! Oh, they are all so tempting to jump right into and play with and tear apart. But I've been told to leave them alone. I am a good doggie and I obey my partner (most of the time <G>) so I won't touch them. But I take my naps right next to them, just in case she changes her mind and gives me the release command. I did get a treat for leaving them alone - my partner told me that I was very obedient about leaving all the boxes alone so I could have something special. She got out my "meat blankie" and I got a case of the zoomies. My partner gave me a really big lamb rib to chew on, and oh my, that was really, really good! So if that is what I get for leaving the boxes alone, then I will keep on keeping on.
Kalifornia Kota

No comments:

Post a Comment