Presents !!

Saturday - April 30, 2011

Boy are we lucky! Recently my partner and I received gifts from our friends. (I got the best gift!) My partner has been getting very sick about something called a "court hearing". I don't know why - she doesn't even have to go there. But she keeps getting very sick, and I keep working to stop that and to make her happy again. 

Maybe I'm not doing my job right, because some humans sent presents to her that made her very happy. Then I got distracted by the smells of the packages the presents came in. My partner let me play with them. They smelled so interesting! There were other doggie smells on them. I threw them in the air and carried them around. I tore them up into little pieces, until she had to take them away from me.

The first presents that came were a little metal circle that smelled like chocolate. I'm not allowed to eat chocolate, but my partner couldn't eat this chocolate either. Then she pulled out a brightly colored ball, that was for me. It wasn't just any ball. This was a soft, stuffed ball with a squeaker inside!! So it had all of my favorite things in one package. How did Veronica know that squeakers, stuffing, plushness and balls are my favorite things? I went nuts when I got it! I was so happy. I played and played with it. When I finally settled down to take out the stuffing and the squeaker, my partner took it away from me - how rude was that! But I found ways to get it back, as you shall see...

The next present came yesterday. They were soft things that my partner put on her feet. (She's always putting soft things on her feet. Her pads aren't very strong.) My partner called them "Magical Freedom socks". She said they were hand made and would keep her out of "Jail". Jail was the place she was taken to some months ago. And I went to Jail too, but we were in different Jails. It was very scary for both of us. These Freedom socks were specially made by a special friend called Linden, who kept thoughts of freedom in her mind while she made them so we don't have to go back to that scary Jail again.

These wonderful presents made my partner and I very, very happy. My partner was overwhelmed that Veronica & Linden thought enough of her & I to go out of their way, and to use their time & efforts & love to get & make these wonderful gifts just for us - to help take our minds off the scary Jail, and to keep us out of that Jail. She was touched, and I was happy to have a great toy to play with! 

If you'd like to see some silly pictures of me with Veronica's & Linden's presents, you can go here. Please don't laugh too hard - my partner is not a very good photographer with her shaky hands! Until next time, keep on keeping on...

Kalifornia Kota

No comments:

Post a Comment