A New Den - Part 2

Wednesday - May 11, 2011

Wow, what a day we've had! We had an appointment for 10am to meet Miguel at the new den we want to rent in Loomis. We got there early. As soon as I recognized where we were in the driveway, I started whining and pawing at the door to get out. I knew where we were and wanted to get to the den right away.

As soon as my partner undid my seat belt I bolted out of the car past her and tried to run to the opening of the den, dragging her with me. I am very strong and she just had to come along with me - although she sure made some angry sounds at me! When I got to the den opening, it was closed so I sat down like I'm trained to do and waited for my partner to put the little piece of metal in it to make it open. But she didn't.

Instead, we went back off the porch and into the back yard. Oh my, it is SO big! It is all grassy and has big fences so I can run as fast as the wind without a leash on! That will be so much fun. Now my partner can throw my balls and I can chase them without getting tangled in the long line. There are some bushes there I can explore. The neighbors have some big trees that hang over and give plenty of shade. Oohh I hope we get this house and yard!

At 10am Miguel arrived. I recognized him and gave a yark to say hello. I wiggled my butt at him! I was trying really hard to push past him to get in the den, and my partner was getting angry again at my bad manners. And I was really disobedient inside the den. I wanted to go all over really fast and my partner wanted to linger and talk with Miguel. Finally she was so angry with me that she didn't want to be with me anymore.

My partner took my leash off and I was free! I ran and ran all over the den. I could go in circles and in and out. The dens within the big den are interconnected in very interesting ways. The soft floors have brand new softness on them - not the smelly dirty stuff that was there the last time. I peeked and sniffed at every nook and corner. I made sure that this den was completely safe and the right place for my partner, NuNu and me to live in. I decided it was and went back to my partner and jumped up on her and smiled and told her so! We are crossing paws and fingers that we are chosen to get this den, and will keep on keeping on. 

Kalifornia Kota

No comments:

Post a Comment