Want my Pawtograph?

Saturday - May 7, 2011

My partner says I am now famous and that people will want my pawtograph! When we go out in public, the paparazzi always finds us and takes my picture - whether they have permission or not. Now my partner says that things have happened that will make people want my pawtograph as well as my picture!

It all started many months ago, when my very first mom sent a picture of me to a lady that helps make a calendar to raise money for rescued GSDs. She thought I was pretty and wanted a Service Dog in that calendar. So she contacted my partner and asked her to submit some pictures. She sent in this group of photos. One was chosen by a group of Judges and we became the February pin-up girls!

My partner was browsing the German Shepherd Dog Club of America (GSDCA) web site. She sent them an email asking why there was nothing on the site about Service Dogs. They said because they knew nothing about them and would my partner submit some information. Well, my partner got all excited and carried away! She ended up pushing buttons on this magical machine for hours and created a really big typing about SDs. She had help from her friends Veronica, Dr Joan, and Linden. She said they were invaluable in getting this big typing done. The GSDCA people were so happy that they made a permanent tab on their site with the whole typing for all the world to see!

Then out of nowhere a lady named Susan Casey contacted my partner. Ms Casey is the Editor of the magazine The Review. It is all about GSDs and even has circulation outside the USA. Ms Casey wanted to include my partner's typing in the magazine, but would have to edit it to make it fit, and she was an expert at that!

A little while later my partner started receiving emails from people who had read the article in The Review! They were breeders of GSDs who wanted to donate puppies to needy Veterans - how wonderful is that!! 

And this is all because my partner loves me so much that she wanted to tell everyone all about me and what I do and how she learned to teach me how to do it properly. She made sure that everything pointed to the Psychiatric Service Dog Society so they would get lots of hits and credit for how they helped me and my partner. She wanted to bring awareness to the world about PSDs like me and how we help Veterans and how quality puppies are needed for Veterans.

My partner is very happy this has all come about! But she is also very scared and quite a bit sick about all the attention she is receiving. She doesn't do very well in the spotlight - she is very afraid of people and would rather avoid all of them. So she tries to point everyone to me. She says that I am famous now and she'll have to buy a pad of ink and have me give pawtographs to people we encounter - she thought that was a funny idea and it made her a little less sick. So while we concentrate on that, we urge all of you to keep on keeping on...


Kalifornia Kota

No comments:

Post a Comment