Happy Mother Doggie Day

Sunday - May 8, 2011

This is a special day! Everyone is celebrating the birth of their dams. My dam is far away in Clear Lake with Linda, my first Mom. So today I am with my partner and we are going to party with her Mom. 

I always get excited when Mom comes to visit! I hear her car coming from a block away and run to the window, telling my partner that she is about to arrive. I get all wiggly and whiny with excitement. My partner has to put me in my cave because I'm so big and may knock Mom down when she comes in the door. But after Mom puts her packages down, she comes to let me out and I try really, really hard to remember to sit in front of her. My butt is almost on the floor as I contain myself to receive her greetings and pets. Then I can relax and be a good, calm doggie.

My partner received some fun stuff from her on-line Vet friend AP/GI Joe about this day. She altered it a bit to fit me and sent it out to our GSD friends that know me. She wants me to include it here so it will never be lost, and I agreed to let her...

_______________________________________________
Dakota's Daily Diary
04:00 am - Oh Boy! Wake mom up! My favorite!
04:05 am - Oh Boy! Tug blankets off & tug Mom out of bed! My favorite!
04:15 am - Oh Boy! Raw meat breakfast! My favorite!
04:30 am - Oh Boy! I get brushed! My favorite!
05:00 am - Oh Boy! A walk! My favorite!
07:00 am - Oh Boy! A nap with my cat! My favorite!
09:00 am - Oh Boy! A training session! My favorite
10:15 am - Oh Boy! Remind Mom to take meds! My favorite!
10:30 am - Oh Boy! A nap with my cat! My favorite!
12:00 pm - Oh Boy! Play football in the Park! My favorite!
12:45 pm - Oh Boy! A car ride! My favorite!
13:00 pm - Oh Boy! Walking around a store! My favorite!
13:10 pm - Oh Boy! Make my sick partner well! My favorite!
14:00 pm - Oh Boy! Make my partner get off the computer! My favorite!
14:30 pm - Oh Boy! A walk with my cat! My favorite!
15:45 pm - Oh Boy! I get brushed! My favorite!
16:00 pm - Oh Boy! Raw meat dinner! My favorite!
17:00 pm - Oh Boy! Sneak onto sofa to watch TV! My favorite!
20:00 pm - Oh Boy! Remind Mom to take meds! My favorite!
20:15 pm - Oh Boy! Watch over Mom in bathtub! My favorite!
20:45 pm - Oh Boy! I get a relaxing massage! My favorite!
21:15 pm - Oh Boy! I join my cat on the sofa with Mom! My favorite!
23:00 pm - Oh Boy! I lay by my Mom till she sleeps! My favorite!
______________________________
And now I lay me down to sleep,
The California King is soft and deep...
I sleep right in the corner groove
My human Mom can hardly move!
I've trapped her legs, she's tucked in tight
And here is where I pass the night
No one disturbs or dares intrude
Till morning comes and "I WANT FOOD!"
I sneak up slowly to begin
My nibbles on my human's chin
She wakes up quickly
I have sharp teeth
Though not a puppy, don't you see?
For the morning's here
And it's time to play
I always seem to get my way
So thank you Lord for giving me
This human person that I see
The one who hugs and holds me tight
And shares her bed with me at night!

I hope you have a marvelous Mother Doggie Day and you keep on keeping on...
Kalifornia Kota

No comments:

Post a Comment